Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 15: Madden NFL

I have nothing against sports games overall, hell I even used to be an avid player of them in my younger years, but I just don't understand why we need 1500 iterations of the same damn game.

Madden NFL has been around for a long time and it's easy to tell why when you sit down and play the games as compared to other football adaptations on the next generation consoles.  It's just an all-around great experience.  For the most part.

There are several things that I just never understood about the series.  Why do they keep getting released?  I mean, if you own the 2010 Madden game, what's so damn special about 2011 except for new players.  So to sate my curiousity, and to fill up this post because I'm just too lazy today, I checked out a review on IGN of Madden NFL 12.

So from what I understand the things that change from game to game are few and far between.  The AI performance is usually improved, the graphics get better, and the game modes get a little bit better.  But why do people keep buying them?  The review didn't really answer my burning question.  I find it similar to buying a sequel, but if you compare DragonAge and DragonAge II to Madden 2011 and 2012, with the RPGs you're getting a completely new game, but with Madden you're just recycling the same fucking crap with minor smell improvements.  There's no new plot, there's no major improvements, and ultimately there's no new game.  Are these bought out of loyalty, out of the love of sports, or just out of curiosity?  Please somebody tell me why the hell people keep buying Madden even though each new one is basically the same game as the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment