Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Prologue: Day Zero

To some it may come as a shock that some of my fondest memories of childhood stem from video games, but for me it's a daily, warming thought. I was always an imaginative child, and continue still to have an active imagination into my twenties, which is a trait that I have always found to be admirable. I believe that I have gaming to thank for a large portion of my creativity and imagination, along with my love for reading and anime. Mario, Link, Samus, Cloud, and Locke were as powerful figures in my life as real-life heroes were in other children's. Why not be destined to save the world and have good values such as honesty and integrity all in one package? What athletic figure can boast the same while remaining a constant icon?

Introducing others to my love of video games has always been exciting for me. Learning that my new and old friends and family play themselves and collaborating with them has been an avenue of bonding. On those same lines I'm lucky to have a fiancé that plays with me and is willing to enjoy most of my new gaming experiences with me, as well as experience them on her own. To me, there are few better bonding experiences between myself and my fiancé than
playing some of our favorite games.

So whether you read this for a nostalgic fix or as an introduction to gaming, I hope that you enjoy what I have to say. If I can spark even a tiny bit of imagination, make you laugh, or encouarge you to finally go back and complete Castlevania, then I have accomplished my goal with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment