Monday, August 15, 2011

Day Five: The Beginning

I was surprisingly limber and fit after having my body dug out of a shallow grave and the bullet removed from my brain.  It was lucky that they didn't shoot me anywhere else.  Doc Mitchell seems like a nice enough man, I mean, he did stitch me up and all, but I'm still wary of his motives.  He leads me around to some antiquated strength testing machine, which I clumsily grip.  The test proved that I'm apparently made of solid stuff.  Afterwards, the Doc took me over to his couch and told me to sit down.  At this point I'd ruled out that the guy was a necrophiliac, but I still wasn't quite sure that he wasn't going to just rape me.  The questions didn't help clear him of being a crazed killer/rapist either.  He asked me a bunch of ridiculous word-association questions that I basically just rigged to make it sound like I was going to blow the shit out of him if he tried to attack me.  Well, the questions finally stopped and I was able to freely leave the house, but I watched my back around the old man even after the fact.  That was before I killed him, of course.

After relearning how to walk around and shoot shit up with Sunny Smiles, the local law enforcement, I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted.  I attempted to gather some information about my shooter and the town that I found myself in, Goodsprings.  Ringo, some trader that took refuge in the local gas station ruins, was being hunted by the Powder Gangers, named for the gunpowder in their explosives, and that was the big news in town.  I took it upon myself to go up and see the guy; figured he might know something about the man who shot me.  Of course he drew a gun on me as soon as he heard my footsteps outside the door.  He told me some story about being chased by the Powder Gangers because he was some with some caravan.  It was really hard to keep interest after I killed him and took everything he owned.  Afterwards I met up with the Powder Gangers that were going to kill Ringo and told them I already did the deed.  What happened next was mostly a blur.  I helped the Gangers take over the town, killed Doc Mitchell so I'd never have to worry about my rear end again.  My next destination would have to be Primm, following the men who shot me.  I would get revenge, one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment